Follow The Tiger
Album by Steve Reinthal & Daniel Bartoš
Electro-didjeridoo and electric guitar in a creative play and spontaneous sonic explorations.
This is a satori moment of the inspiration … You know the animal is there, yet it can’t be seen. The breath gets shorter, the pulse goes wild, all the senses come together and you know, you know you have to follow the tiger …
About The Album
The album is a collection of improvised music pieces captured over one creative afternoon recording session in always sunny & tropical Brisbane. A spontaneous composition session and improvisation recorded live at the Griffith Film School soundstage Brisbane, Australia. The result of this encounter is the Follow The Tiger album, produced by Steve Reinthal and Daniel Bartoš. Album cover design by Oskar & Daniel Bartoš.
- Grazing Centaurus | 3.08
- Predator | 6.21
- Once | 2.32
- Mr Young I Presume? | 7.55
- 3.14159 Stone from the Sun | 5.12
- Electric Ocean | 9.16
- Probably Whale | 6.31
- Puddle | 1.03
- Daniel plays – electro and acoustic telescopic didjeridoo, Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz, Korg Kaoss Pad, Legend amplification.
- Steve plays – Steinberger GLT2, Fender Telecaster electric and Michael Palm acoustic, guitars, Seymour Duncan amplification, various SFX, Sony C-38 microphones with Sound Devices 744 recorder.
- The music was captured with two Sony C-38 microphones to a Sound Devices 744 recorder and mastered in ProTools. No overdubs, edits or re-takes were employed.
- As for the electro-didjeridoo two separate amplification channels were used: the instrument channel and the nose mic channel, which can be heard most on the track Once.
- Another important ingredient: Coffee. Yes, Brendon "on the bridge" with his great flat white coffees ...